BE Local Love April Nonprofit: The Dee Norton Lowcountry Children’s Center
We’re proud to support The Dee Norton Lowcounty Children’s Center (DNLCC) as our BE Local Love April Nonprofit. This incredible local nonprofit provides an array of best-practice services to children and their families when there is a concern for child abuse or trauma exposure.
DNLCC’s mission is “to keep children safe from abuse and trauma, and when either occurs, to work with our community to bring healing to these children and their families.” They are working toward their vision “to be THE leading child abuse and trauma center–changing the world, one child at a time.”
Here’s what we love about The Dee Norton Lowcountry Children’s Center:
- DNLCC coordinates with more than 30 partner agencies in the Charleston community to take appropriate action and deliver the critical services needed for the child and family.
- DNLCC strives to increase public awareness of the difficult issue of child abuse, and provides invaluable longterm solutions for both families and children.
- Since 1991, DNLCC has helped over 23,000 children and their families.
- As an Accredited Children’s Advocacy Center, the Dee Norton Lowcountry Children’s Center has demonstrated adherence to Standards believed to improve the community’s response to allegations of child abuse, and to helping coordinate services for children and families when abuse has occurred.
Here are five ways you can support the Dee Norton Lowcountry Children’s Center:
- Donate directly to DNLCC or sponsor a child.
- Whether spending time with children in our front lobby, helping with renovations to the facility, or attending a special event, there are many ways to volunteer with DNLCC.
- Bring a game, book, or monetary contribution and join us for a free barre class benefitting DNLCC: 4:15pm on Thursday, April 28th at Barre Evolution Mt. Pleasant Studio (320 W. Coleman Blvd., Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464).
- Attend or volunteer for an event, such as this Month’s FREE Movie Night at the “Joe”!
- Reach your next Barre Evolution class milestone and we will donate to DNLCC on your behalf!
Lastly, April is National Child Abuse prevention month, and The Dee Norton Lowcountry Children’s Center challenges everyone to #WearBlueWednesday to show support for the prevention of child abuse during April! Tag #BarreEvolution in pictures of your #WearBlueWednesday at the barre and you could win a blue Barre Evolution tee!