#BELocalLove January Nonprofit: The Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry
Mission: The Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry is a non-profit organization whose mission is to engage young children’s potential by inviting families of all backgrounds to explore environments and experiences that spark imagination and stimulate curiosity through the power of PLAY.
Here’s why we’re supporting CML:
- The Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry (CML) offers unlimited learning adventures for children, ages Birth to 10 years, and their families.
- CML also works to address specific needs within the Lowcountry community by partnering with area organizations to develop targeted programs that, for example, combat childhood obesity, teach teenage mothers important parenting skills, and encourage children from low-income families to think about their futures as they realize their individual strengths.
- We believe in their goals and objectives, as expressed in their strategic plan.
Here’s how you can join us in support The Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry this month:
- >Make a donation directly to CML.
- Reach your next BE milestone and we’ll donate to CML on your behalf!
- Donate $10 (or more!) to attend the CML Community Class with Shauna on January 28th. Register Now!
- Volunteer on a regular basis or occasionally for special events. Whatever your talents and schedule, CML has a need for you!
- Mark your calendar for Sunday, Jan. 17, 5:45pm – 7:30pm! The Children’s Museum is partnering with Birthdays For All to collect toys for Lowcountry foster children. Any family who brings a new, unwrapped toy will PLAY for free at CML! Plus, CML will have face painting, arts and crafts, live music, princesses, raffles and prizes! If you are coming but wondering what to bring, check out this list of most needed toys! http://www.birthdaysforall.org/gift-ideas/