We’re Growing! Barre Evolution Instructors Wanted for Charleston Area Studios
Barre Evolution introduced barre fitness to Charleston, SC in Oct. 2010. We offer 74 classes weekly in the Charleston area, and continue to grow. We’re looking for instructors to join our diverse team.
Why Barre Evolution?
Barre Evolution instructors are in it for a love of the Barre Evolution method, our students and the Barre Evolution community. We are a family. When the fit is right, being a Barre Evolution instructor brings rewards beyond measure – watching people grow stronger as they change their bodies and lives is incredibly fulfilling.
Our teaching standards are rigorous. We’re committed to teaching safe, highly effective, fun classes for students of all levels. Our instructors must embody a perfect storm of elements–stellar form, natural leadership, passion for the Barre Evolution method of barre fitness, dynamic energy, an affinity for rhythm & musicality, inspiring physique and finally, openness for learning and teaching our method.
With little more than a ballet barre for balance, our method offers 60 minutes of calorie torching, body lengthening interval training specifically designed to:
- Tone thighs & lift seats
- Flatten abs
- Define & tone arms
- Build core strength
- Increase flexibility & bone density
- Enhance cardiovascular stamina
We pride ourselves on the community we have built for our students and the safety and effectiveness of our method. A minimum of 6 months taking Barre Evolution classes OR certification in Pilates, yoga, personal training/group fitness or a dance degree is required. Experience teaching other fitness modalities highly desired. Comprehensive training program and certification will be offered to individuals that are the right fit. Base pay is $35 per class with the opportunity to make up to $60/per class.
Please send an email with the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2015:
- Recent photo
- Pertinent qualifications
- The days/times you’re available to teach classes (must commit to these times for a minimum of 1 year)
If your qualifications and experience match the position requirements, we’ll contact you with a short list of questions that will help us get to know you better, assess your interest level and the possibility of you joining our dynamic teaching team.
Initial Training and Ongoing Instructor Requirements
- Be available for all initial training, which will occur on evenings and weekends in April and May (dates will be announced when you are invited to audition)
- Submit required certifications and obtain liability insurance
- Teach at least 2 classes per week
- Teach mornings and/or evenings and participate in weekend & holiday rotations
- Take 2-3 classes in studio weekly
- Attend all continuing education and studio meetings
- Be a passionate and positive person
- Have the ability to inspire and motivate students of all ages and fitness levels